Does Your SG Need Legal Help?
All ASGA members get access to "pro-bono" legal advice from veteran attorneys who are adept in SG-related and higher education-related cases, such as:
- Can our administration shut down SG at any time and for any reason?
- Does our SG have the right to zero-fund the college newspaper if we don't agree with the articles it's printing?
- One of the SG senators slandered me in public—should I sue her?
- The college newspaper badmouthed me in print—can I sue them for libel?
- Can we set spending limits in campus elections?
- We want to impeach the senate president—should we?
Members may schedule short phone or e-mail consultations with these legal professionals.
If you need more help than the free consultation will provide, you can get ASGA member-only discounts on the attorney's normal fees.
What Is Co-Star?
We've partnered with CO-STAR (Coalition for Student & Academic Rights) to provide legal counsel. The only organization of its kind, CO-STAR provides advice and advocacy to students and student groups about their academic and constitutional rights on campus.
Each year, CO-STAR receives more than 10,000 requests for help. With the aid of a national network of volunteer attorneys, students are given cogent and understandable facts about the law as it affects them. CO-STAR is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization.
• Meet the Attorney
Questions? Please call toll-free at 1-877 ASK ASGA (1-877-275-2742) or at email@example.com.