|University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) |
|SG Elections |
SG Officers & Members
|Elections Fall Month: ||September |
|Elections Spring Month: ||April |
|Number of Election Days: ||1 |
|Number of Polling Places: ||One (1) |
|Who Runs Elections: ||Elections Board |
|Description of SG Elections: |
Section 3. The officers-elect of the Council shall be determined by an all school election.
(a) The election shall be conducted by an election committee consisting of non-office seeking members.
(b) The place of the election will be determined by the election committee.
(c) The time of the election shall be determined by the election committee.
(d) The Student election dates must be posted throughout the University complex 17-21 days prior to the election date. Also, these posters must contain information as to where and when they may obtain pamphlets outlining each elective position’s duties and responsibilities, procedures on how to file their intentions to run for such a position and finally how and where to file a brief resume of their qualifications for holding the office desired.
(e) A list of all qualified candidates for ASG offices must be posted 7 days prior to the election date throughout the Medical Sciences Campus complex. No other candidates will be accepted.
(f) Election results should be posted throughout the Medical Sciences Campus complex within 2 days after the election. Also, this information should be given to all official UAMS newspapers and publications, including web site.
|Online Voting Offered: ||No |
|Candidate System: ||Individual |
|Candidate Recruiting Description: |
Section C: Candidate Qualifications and Eligibility
- Candidates seeking elected offices shall be an enrolled stuends of UAMS during the semester of the election.
- Candidates shall have an institutional cumulative Grade Point Average of at least 3.0 at the time of his/her candidacy and shall not be on academic suspension or probation.
- Candidates seeking the office of President or Vice President shall have achieved junior or senior stauts by the end of the semester in which they are running.
- Candidates seeking the position of school Rep shall seek approval from their respective school they seek to represent prior to his/her filing of the Declaration of Intent form.
- All appointments made by the ASG Advisor shall comply with candidate qualifications and eligiblllty as dictated by the election code.
|Term Length: ||One Year ||
| || || |