|Miami Dade College/Homestead (MDC) |
|SG Elections |
SG Officers & Members
|Elections Spring Month: ||April |
|Number of Election Days: ||3 |
|Days Elections Held: ||Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday |
|Times Polls Are Open: ||24 hours a day |
|Number of Polling Places: ||One (1) |
|Locations of Polling Places: ||Online |
|Who Runs Elections: ||Elections Board |
|Description of SG Elections: |
1. Each candidate must sign and turn in his/her Declaration of Candidacy to the Student Life Department no later than 4:00 P.M. on Monday, March 10th, 2014. All
forms will be stamped in the Student Life Department. Any packet submitted after the stipulated deadline will not be accepted.
2. A copy of the candidate’s Degree Audit, Validated Class Schedule, and a letter of recommendation from a faculty member must be included in the Elections Packet.
3. Candidates must submit in 250 words or less a biography and/or campaign statement. This must be submitted in electronic form (flash drive, CD or email).
Candidate statement is due no later than 4:00 P.M. on Thursday, March 20th, 2014.
4. Candidates will be photographed at the Student Life Department. Photographs will be included with the candidate biography and campaign statement on the elections
website. Candidate picture is due no later than 4:00 P.M. on Thursday, March 20th, 2014.
5. Every candidate must turn in a Candidate Expense Sheet. This sheet will list all expenditures and value of donated items, even if there are no expenses associated
with the campaign. Total expenditures and value of materials combined may not exceed $100.00. Receipts or estimates for all materials purchased and/or donated
must be submitted by 4:00 P.M. on Thursday, March 20th, 2014 in order to have your campaign materials approved. Failure to submit your Candidate Expense Sheet
by the established deadline will result in disqualification for elections.
6. Incomplete packets will disqualify a candidate.
|Online Voting Offered: ||Yes |
|Online Voting System Used: ||Developed the system through the school's IT/MIS department |
|Online Voting Description: |
Students will vote by logging in to the Elections website using their myMDC Account. Students will be able to vote 24 hours a day during the designated election days.
|Candidate System: ||Individual |
|Candidate Recruiting Description: |
Qualifications For Candidacy
A. Applicant must be a currently enrolled student taking at least 6 credit hours or equivalent at Miami Dade College, Homestead Campus, at the time of application for candidacy and through the term of office.
B. Applicant must be registered for the majority of his/her classes at the campus in which he/she is running for office and performing his/her duties.
C. Applicant must have and continue to maintain a cumulative Grade Point Average of 2.5 or higher and be in clear academic standing.
D. Student concurrently enrolled in a high school program is not eligible for candidacy. Applicant must possess a valid high school diploma (or equivalent) at the time of application.
A. Qualifications for Executive Board Officer
1. Must have earned at least nine (9) college credits in a degree-seeking status at Miami Dade College, Homestead Campus.
2. Must be a registered degree-seeking student of Miami Dade College, Homestead Campus taking at least nine (9) credits during each of the Fall and Spring terms, and three (3) credits during the summer term.
3. Must maintain minimally required Miami Dade College G.P.A. to run or hold office as per Article.
4. May not be President or on the Executive Board of any other Student organization or club throughout his/her term in office.
5. May not be under any academic or disciplinary sanction as detailed in the Student Rights and Responsibilities document to run for and hold office.
6. Commit to service grant hours in order to receive eligible stipend. Issuance of service grants is contingent upon the number of service hours fulfilled and is offered at the sole discretion of the SGA Advisor.
|Campaign Spending Limit Range: ||Less than $250 |
|Campaign Spending Limit Actual: ||Total expenditures and value of materials combined may not exceed $100. |
|Term Length: ||One Year ||
| || || |